Our Landscaping Maintenance Services Include:
- DM Outdoor Living provides a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly schedule that benefits both you and your garden.
- Each visit, we provide debris removal, weed control, dead heading, dividing and thinning and disease and pest evaluation of your garden plants.
- Special requests may be submitted at any time. This service covers all plants in the ground as well as in containers.
- Maintenance generally begins the first week of April and continues to November, around Thanksgiving.
Dormant rejuvenation and pruning:
- Pruning during dormancy puts less stress on the plant, cuts heal faster, disease or damage is easier to see and there’s less chance of transmitting disease within the plant or to another plant.
- Rejuvenation pruning helps old, overgrown shrubs create new growth from the base.
- Each year for three years, DM Outdoor Living removes a third of the old stems to ground level.
- Removal of damaged or dead stems back to healthy wood, any crossing or rubbing, those growing in awkward directions, or redundant ones that grow alongside others.
- We also prune to help a too-large plant fit its space
- DM Outdoor Living installs and covers a mulch ground cover to protect root systems, retain moisture, prevent weeds and to add decorative color to the garden.
- We use only premium double shredded Oak bark mulch which has a rich, dark brown color and no large lingering wood chips. However, there are many mulch colors and materials are available to choose from.